Monday, January 30, 2012

Back on the Wagon

Even though it wasn't a vacation, Charleston sure felt like one.  Although I was out of my normal eating and exercising routine (I didn't make it to the gym once), I still managed to eat alright and walk a LOT.  I may have indulged in a margarita which, to my (not) surprise, was totally blowing my caloric intake one day.  As Melissa said, "Each exercise and workout routine deserves some rewards."  Ole!

I somehow managed to not gain any weight.  Phew.  So back at it tomorrow.

One thing I did learn is that when you're around people from your past life (meaning people that you primarily knew from when you were unhealthy), you start to get temptations to go back to that lifestyle.  Being around my college crowd was difficult in that sense.  Where I did slip up and make some unhealthy choices, I figured out why I did, which will help me not do so later on.

One thing I have to remember is that the college me (and the three years after graduation) is the exact person that put me in the position I'm in now... the position that I'm desperately trying to change... the position that I desperately NEED to change.  I know these friends from my past won't dislike me if I don't indulge in what they do, so I need to take them up on that.

In a month, I go to Ocean City, MD for four days with the same crew.  Next time, I'll do better.

In other news, I am beyond excited to get back into the gym with Melissa tomorrow.  She'll kick my butt, and I'll love every second of it.

One thing I did accomplish: learning all the words to Nicky Minaj's "Super Bass."

No comments:

Post a Comment