Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Just keep moving...

I thought I'd use the remaining 15 minutes of my lunch to go ahead and tell you all about the 1,000 Rep workout I did last night.  Like I told you already, I was really nervous, and I wasn't sure how I was going to make it through (since I looked up what I thought it was going to be online... it wasn't it... probably better that way).  My 45 minute drive to the gym (I don't live 45 minutes from the gym... I just drive straight from work) was a never-ending pep talk where I decided my mantra was going to be "Just keep moving..."

This is me before the workout (notice the positive thumb-upsky).



I can't even tell you what all we did.  100 pushups, some leg and back situations...  I kind of blocked it out.  My goal was to finish the entire thing under an hour.  57 minutes flat.  "Just keep moving..."  I will now dub this workout the "It Will Rain Sweat x1,000" workout.  This is me after.


I know, not the best picture.  Who cares.  You take a pretty picture after that workout.  I think I sat in this position for a good minute because I really couldn't move.  After all that, I still had to go home and cook dinner (which I don't mind).  I also cried for a very long time when I got home.

I think I scared my dad.

I think I cried partly because I didn't think I could do it and partly because my body was so physically tired that cooking seemed so difficult. 

Lesson learned: Your body can do more than you think it can, so push it.

Sidenote: If anyone knows how to make roasted potatoes, let me know.  I had to throw mine out because apparently, you have to cook them before you roast them in the oven.  Who knew?


3 comments:

  1. At least you're smiling in the after picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the thumbs up in the before pic! I agree with Leah, at least you are smiling in the after shot. ;)
    I am so proud of you and the work you have been putting into things. This is going to be a great year for us!!!

    Regarding the potatoes, I've never had issues with them but I always use small ones. Maybe that had something to do with it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Leah-- haha, yes! It was definitely a smile of relief, but smile nevertheless.

    @Amber-- a great year, indeed! And I used the small gold potatoes... I don't think I left them in there long enough. haha... I guess I'll try again!

    ReplyDelete