Wednesday, January 18, 2012

One Decision, One Step

We had a staff luncheon today.  Italian food.  Bread.  Pasta.  My weakness.

I filled half my plate with salad, and had half a cup of pasta with a tiny bit of sauce.  I even held off on dessert.

I don't like cheesecake, so that made it easy.

I realized how anal I've become.  When someone came around and asked if I wanted cheese on my pasta or salad, I asked what kind of cheese it was.  He had no idea, so I passed.  (I only eat mozzarella, swiss, or provolone.)  Another co-worker said he was proud of me because he would have never thought to ask about the cheese.  It made me feel good.

One step, one decision at a time.  Step one foot in front of the other.  Decide if what you're about to do is worth it.  Remember: It takes 7,00 jumping jacks to burn one pound of fat, but it only takes 3,500 calories to gain it back.  What's more important?

(Sorry I'm not posting more tonight.  The schedule I've been keeping as really, really been wearing me down, and I have a presentation to do for class on Saturday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment