Thursday, January 12, 2012

Humility and All That Comes With It

Post 2 for this evening...  I didn't think this really fell into the same vein as the previous entry, so I made it its own post... because I can do that.

If you recall, one of the main reasons I started this blog was in hopes of inspiring one person to start taking steps to better their life (maybe health-wise, maybe not).  I was humbled to hear that a post I wrote (The Devil Inside) was shared at a youth group meeting at a church in Ohio last night.  I know the youth leader and some of the kids from a mission trip I do each summer. 

It's a very cool feeling to know that someone, somewhere thinks that what you're writing is worthwhile.

I received a Facebook message from one of the youth girls after she got home last night.  After a long time of not going to youth group, she decided to go last night.  After her experience (of which my blog was a part), she decided to start her own blog about the changes she wants to make in her life.  You can read it here... show her some love.

My blog wasn't the entire sermon, nor do I choose to believe I was the sole purpose she chose to make some life changes, but it's kind of nice to think I may have had a part in it.  So I guess I've reached my goal.

I guess that means I can stop writing this blog.

But I won't, because what does working out teach us?  You can always do one more.  So I'm updating my goal: I want to reach 10 people and inspire them... in whatever way.  So there you go.

Update:  This should have gone in this evening's first post, but here works, too.  I didn't do leg lifts the past two mornings because I was running late to work (I'm sorry, Melissa).  I did them in the evenings though... not quite as effective.  Also, I really thought I wouldn't be able to walk after the It Will Rain Sweat x1000 workout on Tuesday, but surprisingly, I was fine!  But tonight, after 80 total seconds of jump squats, I need a Hover-round.  How about that?

Tomorrow's challenge: Do life and run.

2 comments:

  1. You inspire me. Add that to your list!! In addition, if it were not for you, I would not have downloaded the couch-to-5k app and I would still be immobilized by my fear to even attempt running. I love you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're running!! I won't say that I told you that you could do it, but..... hahaha

    ReplyDelete