Sunday, January 15, 2012

No, Jack Squat is Not the Name of an Exercise

The more you get to know me, you'll start to learn some interesting facts about my life.  For instance: 1) I love strawberries, 2) As little as I do it, I love to clean, and 3) Sometimes I go into hiding.  This weekend was the latter.

I didn't workout at all this weekend.  Not one bit.  And I didn't eat all that great, either, but that was really only part of the day on Saturday.  I just kind of felt like my life was in disarray, and I needed to get it together to be functional in other areas of being.

Things I Did This Weekend:
Slept In
Went to a Birthday Party
Ate Paula Dean's Banana Pudding Cake
Cleaned my Bedroom
Cooked... a lot
Grocery Shopped
Homework
Laundry
Cleaned my Car
Edited Pictures
Watched Two Movies

So, it's obvious the only resolution I really kept this week was to update my blog everyday.  That's okay though, because I really think that sometimes, we need some time to decompress.  I didn't really fall off my new healthier lifestyle of eating better (minus the banana pudding cake... man, that was good) or working out (I still worked out over half the week).  The main thing is that I haven't lost focus.  I don't see this weekend as a break from healthy.  It was a break from life, which I thoroughly enjoyed and needed.  (Actually, my goal was to go into hiding around 7pm last night and not resurface until Monday morning at work, but that didn't happen because I had to grocery shop.)  And this break from life was what I needed to recharge and get back at it tomorrow with some running.

I think the point to really remember (I'm really just telling myself this) is how good you feel after you work out, eat right, get up early, drink lots of water, and inspire others.  That's what it's all about.

Monday brings a whole new Erica, in more ways than one.

Edit: I have realized that when I don't exercise every day, I get weird, unexplainable pains in my body.  Currently, my lower back is hurting.  Weird.

Edit 2: I found beautiful, fresh strawberries at Kroger today.  Om nom nom nom.

2 comments:

  1. I have found that if Scott and I both go more than a day or two without working out, we are ready to strangle each other. I mean, we get downright cranky. Who knew working out together could be so good for a relationship?! I agree though, sometimes we need a reset. I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! Oh gosh... what'll happen when you both are down to like, nothing, and have to stop working out for fear of vanishing into thin air?

    ReplyDelete