Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Day 1... Again

And this picture is what did it all.  This was taken Sunday, May 11, 2014.  Almost two years to the day from when I broke my foot and essentially gave up my fitness journey.  30 pounds heavier than that day my journey came to a screeching halt.  I saw this picture of myself, taken by my boyfriend's mom (he's standing in the back... isn't he cute?).  I'm embarrassed and sad and appalled... which is why I'm posting this.  I know that other people are embarrassed, sad, and appalled when they see me, so why didn't I realize how far I'd let myself go... again?

So this is a photo from today, Wednesday, May 14.  My first committed day back in the gym in two years.  I want nothing as badly as I want to photoshop myself in this.  I've started working with a student personal trainer, and I'm scared and excited.  He seems very genuine in wanting to help us (I'm working out with my boss) take our lives back.  I'm ready to accept that help again.

So I'm back at the blog game.  Each of you are my accountability partners.  If you were a regular reader of this blog before, you've heard this... but please, stay with me.  I'm not giving up again.

Today's mile: 18:13 (I think)

3 comments:

  1. Go girl... I am with you and proud of you. I will pray for you and we can share and learn together long distance. Our colors might be different for sororities but we are sisters of the heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica, I am so happy you are beginning this journey again! I was reading through your blogs and seeing a lot of "beginnings" and "ends." I would love to read more about what you are doing daily.... what you're eating, your workouts, and how you are feeling through the process. Remember, this is not just a small addition to your life, but a complete lifestyle change! At first it's going to be really tough, but once you get used to it and you start meeting goals, the change will be well worth it. Don't deny yourself of everything, or go too hardcore too fast, that won't be sustainable... you will run our of gas quick. Small steps lead to a rewarding journey. Make small, attainable goals.... make big, overall attainable goals as well! Lastly, find your trigger points. When do you eat the most bad stuff or skip your workouts? Mentally you need to be aware of those things and have some weapons ready to fight those urges. Your strength will need to increase physically, mentally, and spiritually for you to be healthy & well.
    Best of luck! Can't wait to watch you on this journey, even if I won't be in Buckhannon.
    With Love & Hope,
    Nikita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies... so much love to you. Love the journey!

    ReplyDelete