Wednesday, May 21, 2014

One Down, One Hundred to Go


Today marks a week since I've been back at it.  I've lost one pound!


Yesterday was leg day, but we started out with another 2 mile push on the stationary bike and a mile on the treadmill.  The bike was much better yesterday, and I kept my speed between 76-99 the whole time, even through the hills.  My goal on the treadmill was 18:00 for my mile (walking the whole time).  I put up 17:46, the same time I did last Thursday while doing a walk/jog combo.  Isn't that funny?  I can do the same time walking as I can jogging some?  Does that make sense?

My eating has gotten much better.  I'm on a stable breakfast of hard boiled eggs and a bagel, or some variation thereof.  My energy level is up, and I'm sleeping better at night.  And yesterday, for a fleeting moment, I thought I saw my double chin starting to disappear in the mirror.  Hey, I'll take it.

Tonight, we grocery shop.  Here's my list so far:

oranges
eggs
chicken breast
ground turkey
bell peppers
bagels
Tyson's grilled and ready chicken/steak
cheese
green beans
asparagus
Fage greek yogurt

Not sure what we'll get into today at the gym, but I'm going to guess it'll start with the stationary bike and treadmill again :)  I'm hoping we don't do much arm stuff because I am still sore from Monday!  Biofreeze is my new favorite thing.

In 10 days, we leave for Nag's Head for a week.  I'm coming up with my plan on how to stay on track while being away from the gym.  The beach house has a private pool, so my plan so far is to spend 30 minutes every morning swimming (or something like it... I'm not a great swimmer).  According to MyFitnessPal (add me: byrdee1985), I would burn 424 calories for 30 minutes of "leisurely swimming."  I'm down for that.  Plus, who doesn't love to jump in the pool first thing in the morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment