Thursday, May 22, 2014

I Gots the Hurts

I.  Am.  Tired.  My body is physically worn out, but that's okay!  Ben told me to always keep things positive, so I'm okay with how my body is feeling.  At least it's responding to what I'm doing to it.

Today, we did our normal 2 mile warm up on the stationary bike and moved into our leg workouts (because all the treadmills were full).  We did 40 sumo squats with a 4lb weight that we pushed above our head when we came up.  My right knee really likes to pop when I do that, but there's no pain at all.  Then we did our hamstrings and quads on machines, 35-45 lbs, 25 reps (holding the last rep 10 seconds).  These definitely got better for me compared to how I performed Tuesday.  They were easier, and I controlled my movements better.  I felt the burn, and I liked it!  Then we did our mile on the treadmill.

Well, crap.

At about a quarter of a mile in, the muscle that runs down my shin bone (mom, what is that called?) started aching so badly.  Ben had me drop my speed down a few notches, so I finished my mile in 18:39 (the same time as when I started the Biggest Loser last year...ish).  I pushed through the pain, and by .75 in, the soreness was starting to work itself out. Now, I'm just very sore.

Water, water, water!

Doing so well on eating the last couple days!  I went Krogering last night and picked up most of the things on the list I gave you yesterday.  I'm also very proud to say that even though there are chips and cookies in the house, I have no DESIRE to eat them!  They're only there for Billy's lunch every day.  Definitely a test of will power, and I'm WINNING!

Last night, I made bun-less turkey burgers topped with sauteed red peppers, with chunky applesauce and green beans.  It was 360 calories, and it looked like this:


It was so yummy.  Billy ate his with toast, mayo, and A1 and made it into more of a hamburger.  He likes healthy food, but like me, he loves the carbs.  I can see me cooking dinner will be a challenge for him now, with all the healthy options I'm utilizing.  That's okay, he'll have to get used it!  This is just a chance for him to become a little healthier, too.

My favorite part of this whole journey?  Knowing I'm inspiring someone else with what I'm doing.  That's the coolest thing.  I've always wanted to be an inspiration to someone-- glad this is how it's coming to fruition.

Tomorrow, we are on our own for working out, but we're not skipping!  We're getting in our 2 miles at the Riverwalk before the long holiday weekend (which I hope is full of lots of fishing!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment