Thursday, May 29, 2014

Gearing Up for Vacation

Today was my last day of work before I'm off for the next 10 days!  I think I got everything done that I needed to.

I hope I did.

Today was arms day!  I was still sore from Tuesday's arm workouts, but I pushed through today and got it done.  I have to say that I'm very proud of myself, and that's okay to say.  I wanted to lose 5 lbs. before I left for the beach, and I've (officially) lost 3.  I may get to 5 during my trip.  But I'm okay that I didn't reach 5 lbs because 1) 5 lbs is hard to lose in 2 weeks the healthy way, and 2) I lost weight and didn't gain before.  So, I'm heading off to swimsuit city with my spirits up!

The workout today was difficult for me-- and the funny thing is, it's not even the weights that are hard.  It's the mile on the treadmill.  I know a mile isn't very much at all, but come .4 or so in, my legs are SCREAMING at me, "What are you doing?!  Stop moving!  Get off this devil machine!"  You'd think that by week 2, they would have gotten used to the abuse by now.  But maybe it'll just take me a little longer this time to get strong.  I have always fought my leg muscles while walking or running a lot, but never to this extent.  I guess I'll just keep pushing through and stretching and icing.  :)

I'm going to try to post while I'm at the beach, but I'm not sure if I'll have WiFi access (and typing long things on the iPad is hard for me to grasp).  If I don't get to post, please don't leave me!  Keep checking back for updates!

Goals at the beach: swim or walk each morning (will depend on if we're staying has easy access to walking), eat lots of fruit, have lots of fun, and take lots of pictures! :)

I hope to see you guys soon!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment