Friday, June 27, 2014

Advocare 24 Day Challenge--- Day 5

So here's a little update on how my 24 Day Challenge with Advocare is shaping up...

Days 2 and 3 were AWESOME.  I felt the best I've felt in a LONG time.  I was starting to get the eating down a lot better and figuring out what my body was needing and not getting.  I've increased my protein, and it's helping me stay fuller for longer and give me more energy.

Then I woke up for Day 4.  I woke up 45 minutes late.  I had a headache all day.  The Spark wasn't touching my energy level yesterday, and I was irritable.  I JUST WANT A BIG BOWL OF PASTA AND SOME CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH ICE CREAM!  It wasn't a good day, but I also had to change around my fiber drinks in the morning.  On Day 4, you stop taking the fiber drink and add in a probiotic.  Honestly, I think my body went into shock because the way I've been eating has been SO drastically different.  I am getting enough sugar through fruit, but my body isn't getting the amount of sugar and "sugar" through diet cokes or cereal or even fruit in the afternoon and evening (I try to have all sugars out after my orange at lunch).  My body is like, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!???!  My mother thinks I drank way too much water on Day 3 (168 oz).  Something about it dulling my electrolytes.

The only thing I'm completely satisfied with is the fact that the Spark seems to have no effect on me anymore-- I couldn't have gotten used to it already?!  It did nothing for me yesterday or this morning.  We'll see...

I need to come up with more food ideas-- clean eating is boring, but probably just because I'm not very creative.

Ben was really pushing me this week, and I really appreciated that.  On Wednesday, I did great on my half-mile.  My time was 7:59, which means if I would have kept up the pace, I would have made a mile in under 16 minutes, which is crazy for me.  I have to get into my head and really start bearing down on my workouts.  My mind likes to give up way quicker than my body will-- I have to keep pushing and getting better.

Here comes the weekend-- I think the weekend will help give me some time to actually sit down.  All I feel like I do is buy food, prep food, cook food, and eat food.  If I'm not doing any of those, I'm thinking about doing one of those.

Next time you see me will be Monday-- day 8!  I can do this! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment