Thursday, June 12, 2014

I Do This for Me

Hello!  I lost another pound!  4 lbs down since May 15!  I'm very happy with this.

I have to take a second to rant.  After telling someone today that I had lost another pound, making my total weight loss 4 pounds, the response I got was, "Well it's coming off slow."  Yeah, you're right.  But you know what?  I'd rather it come off slow and the right way than fast and unhealthy.  I was very disappointed in receiving this response because the person who said it to me is a person that I love and trust very much.  It hurt me and made me feel like I wasn't doing everything I could.

But I am in no way on this journey for them.  So for anyone who is going through a weight loss journey, no matter if it's been 3 days or 3 months or 3 years, don't ever let anyone make you feel like you aren't doing enough.  Don't ever judge your successes by anyone else's yardstick.  You are good enough.  What you're doing is good enough.  What you're feeling is good enough.  And gosh darn it, people like you.

Just remember that even 10 minutes of exercise is lapping everybody on the couch.

I'm proud of myself for getting back out there and working on my life, whether anyone else is or not.  After all, I am the one that lives it.


1 comment:

  1. You're amazing! Yeah, I want it to happen instantly but it's taken me years to figure out what will work for my body...now that I've figured it out, I'm not stopping! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete