Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Workout Updates!

I totally forgot to tell you that Ben changed out workouts around for the beginning of week 5 (I know it's a second post in one day, but I can do that because it's my blog) :).

We are now warming up with 4 miles on the stationary bike (instead of 3).  We are now doing .5 miles on the treadmill (instead of 1 miles) but are adding in 1,000 meters worth of rowing.

For arm day, we did 50 passes with a 4lb. medicine ball and 15 passes with an 8lb. medicine ball.  Then we did a concentrated push up (get down into a pushup position and hold for as long as you can).  Finally, we did the compound rowing machine: 25 reps at 90lbs.

For leg day, we start out the same with the bike, treadmill, and row machine.  Then we did 50 squats with the medicine ball against the wall.  Then we went into full plank and did single-leg planks for 25 on each leg.  After that, 25 goblet squats with a 20lb. weight.  Finally, a wall-sit.  I started at :26, then went to a minute.  Today, I did a wall-sit for 1:27!

Also, on Friday, I completed my fastest mile in a long time: 17:01.  Gotta get it under 17!!!

That's all :)  How have YOUR workouts been going?!

1 comment: