Monday, July 7, 2014

It's Working!

Hello, friends!  What a crazy 15 days it's been so far!

I'm on Day 15 of incorporating Advocare products and diet recommendations into my daily eating/workout routines, and it's working!  It's a winning combination that has worked really well for me so far.

Days 1-10 were the cleanse phase that I talked about in my last post.  After those first 10 days and the cleanse phase, I'm happy to report that I lost 5 pounds and 14 inches!!  (I measured my chest, waist, hips, and thighs, per Advocare's recommendation.)  I worked my BUTT off in the gym, starting my half-mile time of 8 minutes and something.  I now have my half-mile time down to 7:35!  I also started my 1000-meter rowing at 6:23.  I'm now down to 5:36!!!!

Just a reminder of my before picture:


Hello, back fat.  I hate you.  This was a picture of me last Wednesday after my workout.  Check out the awesome sweat ring!


Hello, less back fat!  I'm starting to see a difference, and so are other people.  That's awesome.  MOST IMPORTANTLY, I'M FEELING SO MUCH BETTER!

I'm so very happy with how I'm doing.  Now that I'm 15 days in (5 days past the cleanse phase and 5 days into the MAX Phase now), I'm down another 2.5 pounds (7.5 total), and I'm only 5.5 pounds away from my 13-pound goal for the 24 Day Challenge.

Eating is getting easier-- meals are getting easier to figure out-- saying "NO" to things like birthday cake is still hard, but I keep reminding myself that this 24 Day Challenge is just that-- A CHALLENGE.  The boyfriend's brother told me yesterday (as I was trying to figure out HOW I could eat a piece of cake): "If you start cheating now, you won't stop cheating.  You've decided to do this-- so do it."

So I didn't have the cake, and yes, I CAN DO THIS.

Although I'm allowed moderate amounts of fat-free dairy on the MAX Phase, I really haven't eaten any.  I did buy some fat free Greek vanilla yogurt and Bear Naked granola for breakfast or a snack, but I'm really watching how I'm using my dairy freedom.  I get plenty of calcium from my unsweetened almond milk, too, so I'm not that worried.  Could I sit down and eat a block of cheese?  Heck yes.  Am I going to?  No.  

JUST MAKE HEALTHY DECISIONS is what one of my Advocare coaches told me.  He also told me that if I restrict too much, I won't be able to make this a lifestyle habit.  So I'm taking that into consideration, too, but I'm playing by the book for these 24 days.  I HAVE TO in order for this to happen for me.

So I have 10 days left on the challenge.  I won't do anymore measurements until then.  I'll weigh myself every so often, but I'm so excited to see how this all turns out!  I'm so close to "new numbers" I can taste it... and it tastes like free-range chicken and steamed broccoli!! ;)

Onward and on-forth.  JUST KEEP GOING!






No comments:

Post a Comment