Sunday, February 19, 2012

Week 4

I know I've been so slack in updating...  Guess I haven't kept this resolution...

It's okay, because I've been putting my efforts in other areas of my life, like eating healthy and running :)

So I'm back on the Couch 2 5k program...for the third time.  I started at Week 4 this time, and I completed it tonight successfully.  I think I've finally learned how to focus enough to control my breathing.  And I think I finally learned what it felt like to "hit my stride."  That was a cool feeling.  I can now run six minutes without stopping, which is a minute improvement.

If you remember, this past Wednesday was my weigh in day.  I didn't lose (or gain) anything... again.  Two months.  Now, I weighed myself Saturday, and I lost half a pound!  I don't care if it was just that small amount-- it was something.  After 60 days of nothing, I'll take what I can get.

My mother said to me the other day, "You don't even look like the same kid."  Well, I'm adult, but I get her point.  That was nice to hear.  A lady at work told me she's noticing I'm dropping inches a lot.  I guess it's nice to know that other people are noticing...  you look at yourself so much that you don't tend to notice.

I'm taking that half pound and running, literally, with it.  Week 5, I'm comin' for ya!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! Week 5 and 6 were intimidating for me, but I felt great once I finished them! Week 7 is currently kicking my butt in all sorts of ways, but I'm trying my best to kick it right back ;)

    ReplyDelete