Thursday, July 11, 2019

We're Always Under Construction--it's a Forever Journey.

I woke up in the middle of the night last night with a strong urge to begin blogging again.

So here I am, nearly two years since I last updated, trying to re-imagine my old blog in a new way. This is why you may (or may not) notice that the title of this blog as changed from Under Construction to A Forever Journey. This is for a few reasons, but mostly because I'm tying in all aspects of my social media existence to this brand.

I'm not exactly sure what the brand is yet, so stay tuned! My weight loss account on Insta is @AForeverJourney. My Pampered Chef business page on Facebook is A Forever Journey with Erica. Both places create space for frank conversation on life, love, past and future failures, humor, cooking, Pampered Chef... I'm kind of all over the place. But, I remembered how much I loved putting my thoughts on a page... any page... so here we are.

I am currently 3 years and 7 months post-op vertical sleeve gastrectomy, a bariatric surgery where 80-85% of your stomach is removed through a small opening. My highest weight was over 350lbs, my surgery weight was 326.5lbs, my lowest weight was 206lbs, and my current weight is 220lbs.

I am SO grateful for my weight loss surgery, as it's by far the GREATEST tool I've ever used to help me safely get the weight off. NOW, I'm moving on to phase two: skin removal. In October, I'll be undergoing a fleur di lis tummy tuck and muscle repair. I'm really hoping to see a 1 in front of my weight by the end of the year.

I want you to be a part of that with me, but I also want you to be a part of LIFE with me... and life is much more than weight loss and surgeries and what you eat. Life is our small sliver of the universe--what we can take and give and change--knowing that our lives matter and impact things around us.

Our lives are forever journeys and can be whatever we want them to be. I'm just here trying to figure out how I want my journey to go, and I'd love to have you along for the ride.

XOXO






No comments:

Post a Comment