Saturday, March 17, 2012

Some Inspiration

Sometimes, you just have to realize you're no good at something.  For me, it's updating this blog. 

So, I've got some big news....  After months of being at -46 pounds lost, the numbers on the scale have finally started moving again.  I have finally hit my first goal...

-50 pounds!!!

51.5 to be exact, but I couldn't be more relieved.  

I was talking with Matt, the owner of Anytime Fitness, about my next steps.  He's been waiting for me to be ready to take pictures.  You know, one of those "see how big my pants are" pictures, where you stand there and hold your pants out.  Those are fine and all, but am I the only person who considers the fact that of course they're going to be bigger than your body...  there's nothing filling them out!  Personally, I don't see enough difference in myself with 50 pounds gone to really make that picture mean anything to me, let alone anyone else.  So I'm waiting until I lose another 50 pounds.  

However, I did tell Matt that my goal is to be on a billboard.  Right now, AF has a few billboards up displaying weight loss of their clients, which I think is AWESOME.  I WANT ONE, TOO!!  :)  Amber over at Love. Life. Fit! is on one, and she made the comment that she never thought she would be on a billboard promoting weight loss.  I just think it's so cool, pushing so much and working so hard to start inspiring yourself!

Any of us on this journey feels a small burden to inspire other people; I know I do.  It's rare that I inspire myself, but I think that's so important.  Amber inspires me, and I hope she inspires herself!  I want to be there, too.  So my goal is to push myself to the point of self-inspiration.  I'm not sure what that will take, but I think I'll know it when I see it.

For now, I've been set back just a little.  I sprained my right wrist, so weight lifting and planking are out for me for a bit.  I know Melissa will still work me hard, though, using other means.  There are plenty of exercises where I don't need weights.  :)  The jarring of running doesn't feel too good, but I'm hoping that if I keep using this wrist brace, I'll start to feel better soon.  After all, the 5k is in two weeks, which is really scary.  I know I'm not ready for it, and I highly doubt I'll be making my "Run a 5k in less than 40 minutes" goal a reality, but I'm sure going to try.  I'm hoping that some burst of energy and courage hits me that day, and I'll at least make my "run a mile without stopping" goal happen.

Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment