Friday, March 2, 2012

Beach Blog!

I'm back at the beach, but I'm in Ocean City, MD this time. Thank goodness I actually get to go to the beach in MAY when it's WARM! Until then, it's indoor workouts for me. I was very determined to control my environment this time, as my last beach trip to SC ended in a less than lackluster health performance on my part. So this time, I prepared steel cut oats beforehand, Zone Perfect bars, natural peanut butter, kiwi, splenda, Breakfast-on-the-Go packs, and fruit cups. I was determined to eat healthy this trip to prove to myself that I have control over what I put in my body in strange environments. So far, so good. I will say that I plan on indulging in a small steak tonight. It's been almost two years since I've had a steak for dinner. This morning, I even got up at 8am and ran. I'm 2/3 way finished with Week 5 of Couch 2 5k. This is the furthest I've gotten in the program, and I feel great! I'm so surprised how easy running is becoming. I ran for 8minutes straight today, which is the longest I've run at a time. I wasn't even winded!! I can't believe that; I even felt like I could have run more. The last day of this week has me running 10 minutes in a row. I KNOW I can do it!! It is exactly 29 days until my first 5k. One of my goals at the beginning of the year was to run a 5k in under 40 minutes; I'm getting there! It's coming up so fast. That's all for now, but I'll leave you with this: you have complete control over your environment. If you don't control it, it will control you.

No comments:

Post a Comment